Question about ASP and Email

Thread: Question about ASP and Email

Default Question about ASP and Email

Someone on my team came up to me with a question:<BR><BR>"When someone sends an email to, it sends a copy of the email (it will be an email with some &#039;update&#039; information) to an ASP list (DB? or maybe Text File?) visible on a webpage.*When a person visits the site, they see the list, (they have the emails in their inbox, but a list of the subject lines are on the page) pick the &#039;updates&#039; to do, and then check them off to delete them."<BR><BR>Is this at all possible? I was thinking about it, and I think this has to somehow be done via Exchange server or whatever mail server software that person is using. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default EMail not relevant, is it?

The *real* question is "When a certain EVENT happens, how can I set up a site so that a person logging in is notified of that EVENT?"<BR><BR>Does it really matter whether the event is EMail or something else? I can&#039;t see how.<BR><BR>SO...<BR><BR>At the same time that you send the email, add a record to a DB table. The records can use either a userID (of the email addressee) or even the email address itself as a field in the table.<BR><BR>The user logs in, you pick up his/her userID/email address/whatever from the "users" table in the DB and display all the records in the "Events" table that match.<BR><BR>NOW....<BR><BR>WHY???<BR><BR>If they open their email inbox, don&#039;t they see the same things???<BR><BR>Or is the primary purpose to be sure that the user acknowledges the Event and does something about it?<BR><BR>