AdRotator - how to redirect ads to a URL

Thread: AdRotator - how to redirect ads to a URL

Default AdRotator - how to redirect ads to a URL

I am trying to get my banner ads to redirect to a url.<BR><BR>1. my file banners.asp contains the following script:<BR><BR>&#060;% Set AdRotate=Server.CreateObject( "MSWC.AdRotator" ) %&#062;<BR>&#060;% = AdRotate.GetAdvertisement("schedule.txt") %&#062;<BR><BR>2. my schedule.txt file contains the following text:<BR><BR>REDIRECT adredir.asp<BR>WIDTH 540<BR>HEIGHT 50<BR>BORDER 0<BR>*<BR>site1.gif<BR><BR>10<BR>site2.gif<BR><BR>10<BR><BR>3. my adredir.asp file is BLANK - what script should I add to it. Presumably something containing &#060;% Response.Redirect...<BR><BR>I copied the above files from a book on FrontPage 2000 but it didn&#039t tell me what to put in the adredir.asp file.

vaonline Guest

Default RE: AdRotator - how to redirect ads to a URL

Hi,<BR>You can simply write<BR>&#060;%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;% Response.Redirect(&#060;Url to direct to&#062;) %&#062;<BR><BR>Specify the url name in angled brackets<BR>&#060;Url to direct to&#062;<BR><BR>You can put your conditional logic for redirection in this file itself if that is desired.<BR><BR>Bye<BR><BR><BR>< BR>