Site Has Database Problems

Thread: Site Has Database Problems

Default Site Has Database Problems

Hi,<BR>A site I have been going to has recently been having problems, called Daily Click. There is also another site called Klikkety Klik on the same servers of Daily Click. Now, when you goto (Daily Click), you get the error:<BR>Microsoft JET Database Engine error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR>System resource exceeded. <BR><BR>/news.asp, line 43 <BR><BR>Klikkety Klik has been having problems, but they now have reverted back to HTML to tell everyone the problem:<BR>For some reason, the site no longer works on the Daily Click&#039;s server. It has had everyone completely baffled. The database and all is being called exactly the same way as Total Klik and The Daily Click. And the last few days I have spent many hours trying to solve the problem.<BR>The sad fact now being I have run out of ideas. If anyone has any ideas, I would welcome any solutions - although I&#039;ve probably already tried them all.<BR>It&#039;s strange because one day it worked, and then the next day it didn&#039;t.. yet nothing was changed.<BR><BR>They are at<BR>The site - Total Klik - which they mentioned above (which must also be based on Daily Click servers) has the same problem:<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;8007000e&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] System resource exceeded. <BR><BR>/tk/acusers.asp, line 55 <BR><BR>They are at<BR>So, I was hoping that someone on this board will help them out... it would be a great help as they are some of the popular sites in the Klik Community.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>- Daniel

Default They are using Access...

...and they are simply getting more hits than Access can handle.<BR><BR>What happens when they restart the server? Does the problem go away for a while and then reappear? If so, then I think I&#039;m right. [If the problem sticks around, then it *may* simply be a corrupt DB. Use the Access "Tools" menu and do a Repair database and a Compact database. With the Web server turned off, please.]<BR><BR>If it&#039;s overload, then time to move to a different DB.<BR><BR>If they can&#039;t afford SQL Server, then MySQL could be a good choice.<BR><BR>