URGENT Database Problem

Thread: URGENT Database Problem

Default URGENT Database Problem

I&#039;m using a connect function within an include file, and its generating this error...i searched knowledgebase but came up blank...any help appreciated...im gathering its some sort of driver error...but i havent the faintest idea how to fix it.<BR><BR>Heres the error<BR>_________________________________________ _____________________<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open registry key &#039;Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x6f0 Thread 0x818 DBC 0x14d3c2c Jet&#039;.<BR><BR>________________________________ ________________________________<BR><BR>Heres my connection function that I&#039;ve got in a file called incConnection.asp...it&#039;s only included when I need to make a DB connection (trying not to make unnecessary connections to my DB)<BR><BR>_______________________________________ _____________________<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039;Used to specify whether a connection should be opened (or closed)<BR>sub ConnOpen(Conn,db)<BR>dim dbPath<BR>dim dbConnectionString<BR>dbPath = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("/db/" & db & ".mdb")<BR>dbConnectionString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & dbPath<BR>Set Conn = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Open dbConnectionString<BR>end sub<BR><BR>sub ConnClose(Conn)<BR>&#039;Conn.Close<BR>Set Conn = Nothing<BR>end sub<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>____________________________ ____________________________<BR><BR>im calling it like <BR><BR>Call ConnOpen(Conn,"database")<BR><BR>tried doing it w/ and w/o quotes...the funny thing is im using this exact code for another part of the site...thats using a diff DB. Everything is exactly the same, with the exception of the DB thats being called...but the permissions on the DB&#039;s are the same...everything&#039;s the same...just getting this error...wierd...

Default RE: URGENT Database Problem

my solution is to use OLEDB strings instead of ODBC. they&#039;re quicker too.<BR><BR>(you could have checked http://support.microsoft.com/ and got the answer quicker)<BR><BR>j<BR>http://www.infinitemonkeys.ws/<BR>