SQL Inner Join query

Thread: SQL Inner Join query

Default SQL Inner Join query

Hi - I have been using many innerjoin sql commands to link two or more tables together. This however is very strict ie. if some of the links are missing then no rows are returned from the query. is there another command I can use that will return matches to other tables but won&#039;t &#039;bomb out&#039; if not all the links exist. Also if I am using many sql queries in an intranet application with an ASP front end is it worth my while looking into stored procedures? and if so where is the best place. <BR>Many many thanks!<BR>Nick

Default RE: SQL Inner Join query

SELECT * FROM table1 LEFT OUTER JOIN table2 ON etc. etc.<BR>this gives all the records from table1 and the matching records from table2, if there are no results in table2 that math NULL&#039;s are returned. (Yes, there&#039;s also a RIGHT OUTER JOIN ;) )<BR><BR>When you use SQL server, stored procedures is always good practice for a whole number of reasons. Check the following link for more information:<BR>http://www.4guysfromrolla.com/webtech/111499-1.shtml<BR>