Hi!<BR>I´ve earlier had the response that it was impossible to compact an Access database through ASP, I´ve figured it out now but still having the problem that I´m unable to compact it whith the same name, so for now on I´ll have to compact it with a different name then the original, delete the original and then rename the new one tho the original name. (phuu!) Of course it would be smoother just to compress it to the same name if the file wasn´t in use (no problem doing that in a function that checks for errors and then retrying a specified times).<BR><BR>If someone has the answer I´d be glad to here from you!<BR><BR>Heres the code that I´ll use! (You´ll have to have the .mdb file in the same directory as the ASP page)<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dir = Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")<BR>Dir = StrReverse(Dir)<BR>Dir = Mid(Dir, InStr(1, Dir, "/"))<BR>Dir = StrReverse(Dir)<BR>Path = Server.MapPath(Dir) & "\" <BR>Set Engine = CreateObject("DAO.DBEngine.35")<BR>Engine.CompactD atabase Path & "databasename.mdb", Path &"new_databasename.mdb"<BR>&#039Engine.RepairDatab ase Path & "databasename.mdb"<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>As you can see in the last comment line it´s possible to make an repair of the database as well!<BR><BR>Have a nice day // Thomas