Very Confused

Thread: Very Confused

Default Very Confused

Here is a response.write of my Query, along with the exact error that I am recieving:<BR><BR>Select max(ttg_cb_access.student_num) from atg0001.ttg_cb_access <BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039;800a0cc1&#039; <BR><BR>Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. <BR><BR>/train/trainingsub/NEWCBT/signup.asp, line 37 <BR><BR>This is line 37:<BR><BR>stunum = objRS("student_num") + 1 <BR><BR><BR>This exact sql (Oracle) pasted into sqlplus returns a value, so I have no clue what this error is all about. Any ideas? I appreciate the help, thanks<BR><BR>

Default RE: Very sh*ts and giggles

Select max(ttg_cb_access.student_num) as mynum from atg0001.ttg_cb_access <BR><BR>stunum = objRS("mynum") + 1

Default *OR*

Select max(ttg_cb_access.student_num) from atg0001.ttg_cb_access <BR><BR>stunum = objRS(0) + 1 <BR><BR>***************<BR><BR>If you don&#039;t give an "alias" to the results of expressions in SQL, then that field in the recordset does *NOT* have a name.<BR><BR>But you can always use positional field numbers, instead of names.<BR><BR><BR>