File Permissions

Thread: File Permissions

Default File Permissions

I am getting the following error when trying to connect to a remote access database(through ODBC). I have set the ODBC connection on the Web Server machine. The error is Cannot open filename(unknown).Its already opened or you need permission to vier its data.<BR><BR>I have read some of the site on and have set the permissions on the server with the database and created the IUSR_MachineName on this server. I still have no luck though.<BR><BR>Q166029 on microsoft site suggests a few more things. My question (finally) relates to these. <BR><BR>One of them says that IIS is configured to use NT Challenge/ Response when accessing secured scripts. Should I take this off then.<BR><BR>The second one that corresponds to me is IIS is configured to user the IUSR_MachineName for anonymous access and the script file being accessed is not secured and permits anonymous access.How can I secure my script. <BR><BR>Are these really contributing to the problem, or just leading me back to the brick wall. <BR><BR>If anyone else has had this problem I would love to hear it. We are thinking of upsizing to SQL Server.Will i have these problems aswell?<BR><BR>thanks in advance,<BR>Sinead

Default RE: File Permissions

you&#039;ll have no problems like this if you move up to SQL Server. SQL Server is application-based rather than file based and has great locking control.<BR><BR>It&#039;s likely that a) you uloaded an .ldb file with it<BR>2) it was open in the access application when you uploaded it, hence it&#039;s locked<BR>3) a nasty error has happened during an action query and locked the DB for you.<BR><BR>basically, bin the LDB file and if you can, upload the file again.<BR><BR>j<BR>