Data storing/displaying problem

Thread: Data storing/displaying problem

Default Data storing/displaying problem

Hi all, <BR> I have a message board for my company use, and all data will be stored into MS SQL server. and now i found that if user input chinese character into the form then save to database, the data will become something like that : 打也 ....I try to input chinese character directly from the SQL server, it work fine. therefore, i think the problem was occurs when getting the data from the user thru&#039; the browser. does anyone met the similar problem before? please give me a help.<BR><BR><BR>thanks <BR>Frankie

Default You have to set the CodePage...

&nbsp;<BR>...or the characters don&#039;t get translated correctly.<BR><BR>I *THINK* that the right CodePage for Chinese is 936, but you should double check that!<BR><BR>You can just do:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Session.CodePage = 936<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>You should also set the right LCID for whichever country this is for. There&#039;s a list of those on the MSDN site.<BR><BR> <BR><BR>For Hong Kong, for example:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Session.LCID = &H0C04 &#039; per the chart<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>