Way around database connection issue???

Thread: Way around database connection issue???

Default Way around database connection issue???

For those who have been trying to help me connect to my SQL 2000 database using Access 2000 (thanks, by the way). As I am still unable (and my site remains down), I&#039;m tempted to simply write an ASP script to create the tables I need and then move the data using a script.<BR>Can I effectively create tables in ASP code? I&#039;m trying to piece together what the statement would be, a couple of things I&#039;m not sure of...<BR><BR>create table mytable (ID numeric, username varchar(20)...joined datetime, lastvisit datetime)<BR><BR>I&#039;m using numeric rather than int cuz it seems that int is maximum 4 digits long. Also I need the ID to be unique, but not an auto increment ID. How do I do this? Otherwise everything else is either varchar, int, or datetime.<BR><BR>Thanks for your help.

Default RE: Way around database connection issue???

Here is an example of a CREATE TABLE SQL Statement writen for SQL Server.<BR><BR>CREATE TABLE Customers<BR><BR>(<BR> CustomerNo int IDENTITY NOT NULL, <BR> CustomerName varchar(30) NOT NULL, <BR> Address1 varchar(30) NOT NULL,<BR> Address2 varchar(30) NOT NULL,<BR> City varchar(20) NOT NULL,<BR> State char(2) NOT NULL,<BR> Zip varchar(10) NOT NULL,<BR> Contact varchar(15) NOT NULL,<BR> Phone char(15) NOT NULL,<BR> FedIDNo varchar(9) NOT NULL,<BR> DateInSystem smalldatetime NOT NULL<BR>)

Default Use Int

Int uses *4* bytes of data. The values can range from -2,147,483,647 to 2,147,483,647<BR><BR>*numeric* stores decimal values and takes more space.<BR><BR>What&#039;s wrong with auto increment?