Hyperlinks to record-based "reports" from text str

Thread: Hyperlinks to record-based "reports" from text str

Default Hyperlinks to record-based "reports" from text str

I ran a simple loop that produces one column with rows 1...n. (The number of records will increase over time.) Within each cell is text that I want to hyperlink to individual "report" files (that will open in a new window) that provide more details about the record. How do I set up the <a href=""> so that files record_1.asp ... record_n.asp can be accessed via these hyperlinks? And can I make one "template" file that can be replicated so that a new file (e.g., record_17.asp) doesn't have to be created each time a new record is added?

Default Time to get a good...

...beginning ASP book.<BR><BR>One possible solution looks like this:<BR><BR>&#060;A HREF="report.asp?reportNum=1"&#062; report 1 &#060;/A&#062;<BR>&#060;A HREF="report.asp?reportNum=2"&#062; report 2 &#060;/A&#062;<BR>&#060;A HREF="report.asp?reportNum=3"&#062; report 3 &#060;/A&#062;<BR><BR>And then, on the "report.asp" page, you do:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>rNum = Request("reportNum")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>And do your processing based on the number you just got there.<BR><BR>Most any of the beginner&#039;s books will help you with stuff like this. You might also look at the Beginner&#039;s Lessons on http://www.LearnASP.com ... good luck!<BR><BR>