IIS 5.0 Security

Thread: IIS 5.0 Security

Default IIS 5.0 Security

Hi all,<BR>I am working on an intranet project. I want to uses Win NT Chalenge Response security merchanism for this site. The problem I am facing is that if the user already log into window the IIS will pick up there username and password and letting them in without forcing them to login. Is there a way to fix this problem? If so please give me some hint.( Also I want to use the same username and password as the login credential) because people here complaint that they&#039;re having a hard time to remember one username and password.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Duc

Default RE: IIS 5.0 Security

Out of curiousity, why do you want them to have to log in again if Windows already logged them in?<BR><BR>If you send them to an IP address rather than a friendly name (ie. http://ourserver4), then it won&#039;t automatically log them in. This isn&#039;t pretty, but I guess you could have the friendly name redirect to the ugly name (ip address), forcing them to log in. Once they do, redirect back to friend name again. There&#039;s got to be a better way, but I don&#039;t know it offhand.