Thread: Manupulation

Bruce Heller Guest

Default Manupulation

Well, here is my new problem :<BR>I have a string and I want to do some manipulations on it.<BR>An example will be more explicit :<BR><BR>"Welcome, do not forget to check my web :"<BR><BR>What I want to do is to change the thing in order to be :<BR><BR>"Welcome, do not forget to check my web : &lt;a href=""&gt;;/a&gt;"<BR><BR>With the Replace command I can take the thing out, but I do not know how to copy/paste the part twice in the string... The best I did so far was :<BR><BR>"Welcome, do not forget to check my web : &lt;a href=""&gt;a link&lt;/a&gt;"<BR><BR>Thanks for ansers !

Ryan S. Guest

Default RE: Manupulation

You can use your VB functions to get this done.<BR><BR>Set a variable to be equal to the<BR><BR>So it would be something along the lines of the following:<BR><BR>strLong = "Welcome, do not forget to check my web :"<BR>iStart = InStr("l]", strLong) + 2<BR>iStop = Instr("[/", strLong) - 1<BR>strURL = Mid(strLong, iStart, (iStop - iStart))<BR><BR>Now strURL should equal ""<BR><BR>SO now you can put the strURL in place of "A Link" by doing a replace for A Link with strURL<BR><BR>Hope that helps.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Bruce Heller Guest

Default RE: Manupulation

Thank you, it given me the way to the solution.<BR><BR>BUT, take care, you did some mistakes :<BR><BR>InStr(string1,string2)<BR><BR>string1 : the long string<BR>string2 : the string you look for<BR><BR>But now it works, thank you !