Combination of Forms, ASP, and Access

Thread: Combination of Forms, ASP, and Access

Default Combination of Forms, ASP, and Access

My task:<BR> I know a person who owns a couple hundred domain names. Each month, as the sites come up for renewal, we are to send him a list of all the names up for renewal for the coming month, and he selects which ones he wants to keep, and which ones he wants to let go. What I want to do is develop a asp page, so that he can perform this task online.<BR><BR>My setup:<BR> Right now I have an Access DB. It currently has three fields in it. the first one (Domain) contains the domain name. The second one (Register) is the company where he has the domain name at. The third one (Keep), is a Yes/No field. This is initially empty and awaits his input.<BR> What I would like to do is print out a table to the screen. In my first column two columns, I would simply be reading the values out of the DB for the Domain Name, and Registering company. However, the THIRD column, I DO NOT want to read out of the db. Instead, I would Like to print a little check box in each of those records. With a submit button at the bottom. SO the guy can simply come to the site, and simply check off all the ones he wants to keep. Once the submit button is pushed, it will write his corresponding answers into the DB.<BR><BR>My question:<BR> How do I do this? How do I print out the table such that it only reads from the first TWO fields (and prints that information in my first two columns) AND THEN prints out a Checkbox (with a unique name?) into the third column?<BR> Are there any more fields i need to add to my db? I would prefer to keep this to only one table, since I will be doing it on a month to month basis. <BR><BR>My email address is If you feel you can help me out with this, please contact me by email, or make a post here as I will be checking every 5 minutes. Thank you all so much for your help! Happy Holidays!<BR>

Default RE: Combination of Forms, ASP, and Access

Its really easy..<BR><BR>Assuming you&#039;ve connected to the database you do something like this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR><BR>DO WHILE NOT recordset.EOF<BR>Response.WRite "&#060;tr&#062;"<BR>Response.Write "&#060;td&#062;" & recordset(0) & "&#060;/td&#062;"<BR>Response.Write "&#060;td&#062;" & recordset(1) & "&#060;/td&#062;"<BR>if recordset(2) = true then<BR>Response.WRite "&#060;input type=""checkbox"" checked&#062;"<BR>else<BR>Response.WRite "&#060;input type=""checkbox""&#062;"<BR>end if<BR>Response.Write "&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR>recordset.movenext<BR>LOOP<BR>records et.close<BR>set recordset = nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>You&#039;d need to flesh it out, but you could accomplish what you&#039;d like in this manner.

Default For crying out loud...Repost

Look, if you don&#039;t LIKE the answers you get, SAY SO.<BR><BR>But don&#039;t just keep reposting the same questions over and over. <BR><BR>Especially don&#039;t keep asking a question over and over that is ALREADY answered in the ASPFAQs!!!<BR><BR><BR>Are you aware that if you post a response today to a message that I left yesterday that the ENTIRE THREAD gets moved to TODAY&#039;S messages? *That* is the way to do it! Make a comment on yesterday&#039;s thread. I&#039;ll see the comment in today&#039;s board. And we can continue the discussion.<BR><BR>