Using <%response.expires = 0%>

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Using <%response.expires = 0%>

Default Using <%response.expires = 0%>

Using &#060;%response.expires = 0&#037;&#062; should clear the history of the previous page when using the back button (i.e - when using a shopping cart, and you don&#039t want a previous selection to still be there), it does in IE4 but not in IE5. Is this a known bug in IE5 or is there some code that will make this work.

Default RE: Using <%response.expires = 0%>

Here is code that will work in IE5. I don&#039t know if it&#039s a bug or what:<BR><BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR><BR>This is literally saying, "Expires one day ago." Good luck, and happy programming!

Unfortunately this doesn&#039t seem to work on Macs!!!<BR><BR>Looks like I&#039ll be trying the ol&#039 concatonate on the URL trick...

Unfortunately this doesn&#039t seem to work on Macs!!!<BR><BR>Looks like I&#039ll be trying the ol&#039 concatonate on the URL trick...

This also does not work. Even pragma no cache also does not work.<BR>I think there is a bug in IE. Incase U have any other solution<BR>please mail at amitlohia@hotmail.com

-Rob- Guest

I have my template set for the following:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Buffer = true<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I want to say that we tested IE4 and IE5, plus Netscape 4.x and everything worked. However, I cannot find the machine that had IE4 to verify.<BR><BR>If I am able to verify, I will post my findings.

-Rob- Guest

I have my template set for the following:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Response.Buffer = true<BR>Response.ExpiresAbsolute = Now() - 1<BR>Response.Expires = 0<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>I want to say that we tested IE4 and IE5, plus Netscape 4.x and everything worked. However, I cannot find the machine that had IE4 to verify.<BR><BR>If I am able to verify, I will post my findings.

dasdas Guest

dasdsad

asdas Guest

dasdas

LJ Jurkovic Guest

Try putting something like this:<BR>&#060;%Response.CacheControl="no-cache"%&#062;<BR>It worked for me after all other attempts failed.<BR>Good luck.