DB Form

Thread: DB Form

Default DB Form

Hi,<BR><BR>Can you please tell me if this is possible ?<BR><BR>I have an access db and this db is used to enter certain records. Then we get an e-mail from our intn&#039;l office where we use that e-mail to manually update our db, which is then used by our staff for various reference. <BR><BR>What I want to know is would it be possible to create a page where our Intn&#039;l office could update the fields online, if so would it take a long time to update the db and while its been updated will it stop any other user from accessing it ? <BR><BR>Also can somebody tell me where I could get some reference in order for me to do this.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default RE: DB Form

Yes, it&#039;s certainly possible and updates should happen quickly. If you code it correctly other users will not be locked out of the database. In order to do it you&#039;ll have to learn (at least a bit) of ASP and ADO - www.4guysfromrolla.com is a good place to start.<BR><BR>Another option to consider, if you&#039;ve got Access 2000, is replication over the Internet so that your international office could have (a partial) copy of your database which is synchronised. For more details see this white paper:<BR><BR>http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k/html/intrjet4.asp