Invalid ProgID

Thread: Invalid ProgID

Default Invalid ProgID

Hello, <BR>I&#039;m trying to use the default cmsample site from Microsoft Site Server<BR>3.0 to configure it, but when I&#039;m running it, I can&#039;t go to other<BR>sites rather than the default page. It keeps bugging me with an error<BR>message.<BR><BR>I have read other messages to install the msderun.dll, but that didn&#039;t<BR>help.<BR>Ofcourse I installed IIS5 and I&#039;m running from a 2000 Advanced Server.<BR>For the rest: ADO 2.5, so that shouldn&#039;t be a problem at all.<BR><BR>I copied the whole site server directory into my wwwroot, so it can<BR>find every directory.<BR><BR>Does anybody know how to solve this problem?<BR><BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>Server object, ASP 0177 (0x800401F3)<BR>Invalid ProgID. For additional information specific to this message<BR>please visit the Microsoft Online Support site located at:<BR><BR>/microsoft site server/data/publishing/cmsample/approve.prf, line 33<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR> if ( IsEmpty( SSPMConn ) ) then<BR>Line 33--&#062; Set SSPMConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection.1.5")<BR> SSPMConn.ConnectionString = "provider=MSIDXS;"<BR> SSPMConn.Open<BR> end if<BR><BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>Thanks for helping me out!<BR><BR>Job<BR>

Default RE: Invalid ProgID

I think the samples were designed for ADO 1.5, you might want to try:<BR><BR>Set SSPMConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection.2.5")<BR><BR >-or, maybe even better:-<BR><BR>Set SSPMConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") (this should work!)<BR><BR>