Can I Call Java Code from ASP script

Thread: Can I Call Java Code from ASP script

amby Guest

Default Can I Call Java Code from ASP script

I want to Call some JAVA code from my ASP page. Is there any way I can do it.

Rokea Guest

Default RE: Can I Call Java Code from ASP script

You can create ajava applet and then use the html tag &#060;APPLET&#062;&#060;/APPLET&#062; to insert it in your html pages.<BR><BR>Rokea

Alphabet Guest

Default To vague

Very vague question...<BR>

Matt Jacyno Guest

Default Yes, but...

You CAN, but it may not be the answer you want. The way that comes to mind is to create a COM object using java - make sure it&#039s an automation interface, and you can call CreateObject on it and script to it from the server. But - you probably have the java already written and you just want to call it. I can&#039t think of any way off the top of my head. I haven&#039t written COM in Java (only C++), so I&#039m not sure how hard it would be to wrap your code in a COM object.<BR><BR>Good luck

Kurniawan Guest

Default YES

If you are talking about calling Java on server side from ASP, yes you can do it.<BR><BR>I got this from msdn library.<BR><BR>---------<BR>To instantiate an object by using monikers, use the VBScript or JScript GetObject statement and provide the full name of the Java class in the form java:classname. The following VBScript example creates an instance of the Java Date object.<BR><BR>&#060;% <BR> Dim date<BR> Set date = GetObject("java:java.util.Date")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR >The date is &#060;%= date.toString() %&#062;<BR>-------<BR><BR>Hopefully that help,<BR>Kurniawan<BR><BR>