HELP! ASP to Ingres: Script timeout

Thread: HELP! ASP to Ingres: Script timeout

Default HELP! ASP to Ingres: Script timeout

Hi all,<BR><BR>I&#039;m facing a serious problem for which I would give my right arm to get it<BR>fixed!<BR><BR>I&#039;m running this ASP web application in VBScript on an IIS5 server. The<BR>application talks via an ODBC connection to an Ingres database when<BR>selecting or updating records.<BR><BR>It seems to work fine when there are 5 or less concurrent users on the<BR>system, but if more than 5 users get on the system, the amount of script<BR>timeouts occur exponentially. What happens is, when every user ( &#062; 5) clicks<BR>the submit button, the pages just keep waiting and waiting for the quires to<BR>run and then finally time out.<BR><BR>What could be the cause of this? Can someone please help? I&#039;m really<BR>desperate here!!!<BR><BR>Many thanks in advance!<BR><BR>Sivas<BR>

Default let me check a couple of things

your connections. are you storing them as Session objects or something? that would produce the effect you describe.<BR><BR>are you closing and killing your connection objects the SECOND that they&#039;re no longer needed, or do they stay open doing nothing for most of the script?<BR><BR>is your DB licenced and configured for more than 5 users?<BR><BR>more info would help, you see.<BR><BR>j<BR>