Can you tell form input type with ASP?

Thread: Can you tell form input type with ASP?

Tom Mutdosch Guest

Default Can you tell form input type with ASP?

Is there a way that I can check whether an input type is of<BR>the checkbox on a form? I have a form with some checkboxes and<BR>a few text fields, and I only want to run the following subroutine on checkboxes only. Is there a check that I can do?<BR><BR>Sub isChecked( )<BR> if ( Request.Form( "Question" ) = "checked" )<BR> return = "Yes"<BR> else if ( Request.Form( "Question" ) = "" )<BR> return = "No"<BR> end if<BR>End Sub<BR>

Default RE: Can you tell form input type with ASP?

Sub isChecked()<BR>if (CInt(Request.Form("Question") = "on") = -1) then <BR>return="Yes" <BR>else <BR>return="No" <BR>end if<BR>End Sub<BR><BR>Hope this helps... Cheers!

Tom Mutdosch Guest

What is the "clnt" call? It is undefined [type mismatch] whenever I try to use it. Do I need to include a header?

BLooDSHOT Guest

cInt is a way to change to an integer. It is cint... not cLnt.

Tom Mutdosch Guest

Default Not the checkbox so much, but more general input type

My question is not so much on telling whether a checkbox is checked or not which the information previously provided accomplished; but rather how to tell the input type from the form. <BR>I have a form with both checkox&#039s and textarea&#039s. I want to have a general function that I call regardless, and I only want an action to take place if the input type from the form was a checkbox. Is there any way to do this? ie (in pseudocode):<BR>if input type is a checkbox<BR> if ( checked ) do this<BR> if ( not checked ) do this<BR>else <BR> do nothing<BR>endif<BR>

Stephen Fisher Guest

Default RE: Not the checkbox so much, but more general input type

What I have started doing is using conventions when naming the inputs. Then I iterate through the request.form collection and parse the name and see what it was.<BR><BR>THe code below lists the names and values. If the name is chk_xxxxx than it is a checkbox, if txt_xxxxxx textarea ect.<BR><BR>For each item in Request.Form<BR> Response.Write "&#060;b>" & item & "&#060;/b>=" & Request.Form(item) & "<BR>"<BR>Next<BR><BR>This doesn&#039t answer your question bt I hope it helps.