Having a script edit the subject, then forward an

Thread: Having a script edit the subject, then forward an

Default Having a script edit the subject, then forward an

Hi,<BR><BR>Im not a nubee but im out of practice so bare with me... :o)<BR><BR>OK. i am making a site, were you can order things for a later delivery. The items will firstly be ordered online using a form, this will give each of them a unique subject line (like a hit count or something) then these will be forwarded to head office for filling out.<BR><BR>HOWEVER. We want the same thing to happen, but for the user to be able to send an email, to lets say home_orders@mycomp.com and these to be given another unique number as well, before being sent onto the email address where they will be sorted from.<BR><BR>the reason for the unique identity for the emails is so that the emails can be archived easily by dragging them from outlook express.<BR><BR><BR>What would be great is if i could do something like have the email sent to an ASP script to edit there subject then enter our number and send the email on.<BR><BR>MY SERVER.<BR>I am hosted on www.ucvhost.com on there small business plan, so the email address everything will go to will be on the same server as my scripts are run from i don&#039;t know if this is important.<BR><BR><BR>ANY HELP would be appreciated even if its a "no way can&#039;t be on" comment.<BR><BR>With thanks<BR>Tony (Acuum)<BR>

Default ASPFAQs, category EMail

The link to the ASPFAQs is at the top right corner of most every page on this site, including this one.<BR><BR>In this case:<BR><BR>http://www.aspfaqs.com/aspfaqs/ShowFAQ.asp?FAQID=60<BR><BR>But note the requirements for using a component to get to the POP3 server. If your hosting service won&#039;t allow that, then you&#039;re likely out of luck. On the other hand, they might even have a usable component available already! So ask them.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>