registration form?????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: registration form?????

Default registration form?????

Hi there <BR>I have a registration form after the user has registered I show them like a thankyou page my problem is that if the refresh button is pressed while on that page it will create another record of the same registration in the DB.<BR>How can i avoid that???<BR><BR>thanx<BR>Unreal

Default RE: registration form?????

Form page -&#062; Submit to page that puts the info in a db -&#062; redirect to a thank you page.

Default RE: registration form?????

Thanx it makes sence cause I have the thankyou message on the same page.<BR>thanx for the input<BR>unreal

Default And if the user hits the back button?

Tch.<BR><BR>2 options:<BR><BR>Use the FAQ from some really cool Ghost that says how to detect if a record is already in the database<BR><BR>Set a session var/cookie, and if the value is true or so, don&#039;t do the insert

Default If the user hits the back button....

Then you redirect back to the Thank You page, after checkng the referrer and acertaining that it isn&#039;t the form page.

Default Really?

Does the referrer update correctly? I thought that only happened during a 200 response? Redirect sends a 302... but then again, he wouldn&#039;t be able to set cookies with a redirect.<BR><BR>Who knows. It seems this solution is more convoluted than the cookie thing.

Default Or what if...

What if the user keeps hitting the submit button? What then, monsignor?<BR><BR>Tch.<BR><BR>This is the second time I&#039;ve beaten you.<BR><BR>Hail to the king, baby.

Default Actually....

Mine was just a guess. Now, I&#039;ve tested it. I can&#039;t hit the submit button twice. If you do, it should still submit only once. <BR><BR>And, referrer or no referrer, if you hit the back button, it skips the processing page altogether, and goes straight back to the form page.<BR><BR>I win again. :-P

Default RE: Actually....

its not winning or losing that counts.<BR><BR>its how you play the game.<BR><BR>HM 1 : y&#039;all 0

Default You playing

with yourself too much of late eh!<BR><BR><BR>:p<BR><BR>