Logistics - Global.asa

Thread: Logistics - Global.asa

Default Logistics - Global.asa

I've read articles on 4Guys relating to creating classes in VBScript and I'm looking for advice. I have table data that many pages need to reference. The table only has about 15 records and about 10 fields. Should I create a class in my Global.asa file, then create instances whenever I need to reference the data, or should I create an array and store it in a session variable, or should I just query the data on each page? The referenced data is "id" specific, meaning each page references a unique id. Which one should I use and why?

Default RE: Logistics - Global.asa

Can you be a bit more specific on what you are doing? How often will the data change? If it changes frequently, I would store it in a database table and refer to that. In fact, I probably would use the database method no matter what. <BR><BR>The Global.asa could be used, but updating the data would mean editing the data on the actual file and uploading it... this would leave the entire website open to errors in that data. You could screw up the entire data table with one edit. <BR><BR>I don&#039;t know.... I would like to know more about what you are doing!<BR><BR>Edward