Caching problems

Thread: Caching problems

Default Caching problems

Hi,<BR><BR>I have a form on my website which I use to insert user details into a database. I need to make sure that, after submitting the form, the user can&#039;t use the browser back button to get back to the form (which could result in duplicate entries).<BR><BR>I have read the article: A Thorough Examination of "Disabling the Back Button." ( and that all seems to make sense. The problem I have encountered, however, is that the pages are still cached no matter what I do. I have tried using meta tags and Response.AddHeader and even client side JavaScript. The method described in the article works fine on Netscape 4.7, but fails to cause the page to be reloaded on Netscape 6 and Internet Explorer (all on the Mac).<BR><BR>If anyone has any suggestions on how to cause the page to be reloaded in these browsers, I would be grateful to hear them. I can&#039;t think of another way around the problem, short of checking whether a record exists in the database and using a SQL Update rather than an Insert statement.<BR><BR>Thanks in anticipation,<BR><BR>Danny<BR>

Default RE: Caching problems

To prevent caching I add a Server.URLEncode(Now) to the end of the querystring. If there&#039;s always a unique querystring on the end of the url the browser thinks it&#039;s a new page and won&#039;t display the cached one. I had the same problem with trying to find the right combo of "meta","expires", whatever tags. Maybe one exists, but I like the querystring way.<BR><BR>