problem regarding web reporting

Thread: problem regarding web reporting

swapna Guest

Default problem regarding web reporting

Could anyone tell me how to use crystal reports on the web?<BR><BR>swapna

Craig Kelley, Guest

Default RE: problem regarding web reporting

I wouldn&#039t suggest it unless it&#039s something very basic! First you need their &#039Crystal Web Page server&#039 installed. It comes with Crystal Reports 7 profession (not standard). After it&#039s installed all you need to do is call the report and it will be displayed in whatever format you choose. One I&#039ve used is their Smart ActiveX control viewer.

swapna Guest

when displaying these reports, does the client machine need to have something special, or will it run on any machine and any browser? (IE as well as Netscape?)

Jairo Guest

swapna,<BR>The browser will be able to interpret the report with different version of both IE and Netscape. It&#039s smart enough to figure out the best compatible version of the report for Plain HTML, HTML with frames, ActiveX, or Java.<BR><BR>HTH,<BR>Jairo<BR>

swapna Guest

jairo,<BR>thanks for your response.<BR><BR>but Even The latest version of netscape i.e. 4.7 is not displaying the report . The same ASp file if run on IE, I can see the report properly but Netscape doesnt show it. Netscape is not even supporting a simple method like form.submit (javascript) . Is this a real problem on netscape or am i going wrong somewhere?<BR>I have just written a function in script tag which has a single statement- formname.submit . In IE it is submitting properly but Netscape is giving a javascript error. If possible,please tell me what could the problem be because i am really stuck.<BR><BR>swapna