help asap

Thread: help asap

debbie skolnicki Guest

Default help asap

Response object error &#039ASP 0156 : 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>hi, i need help fast!!! whenever i invoke this asp mail program from my html form program, i get this error trying to return back to another html file. what am i doing wrong. pllllease help asap, thanks<BR><BR>d. skolnick<BR><BR><BR><BR>Header Error <BR><BR>/amail.asp, line 38 <BR><BR>The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content. <BR>

Troy the ASP Boy Guest

Default aspmail suggestion

debbie:<BR><BR>Is your asp mail working? Which asp mail system are you using?<BR><BR>If you are having problems using ASPmail i have used the following code to test whether ASPmail is set up and working properly on my server. In the past i have had problems with my site host not having a working ASPmail system.<BR><BR>&#060;% @LANGUAGE = VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Option Explicit %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Response.Expires = -1 %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Dim Mailer %&#062;<BR>&#060;% <BR> Set Mailer = Server.CreateObject ("SMTPsvg.Mailer")<BR> Mailer.FromName = "Joe&#039s Widgets Corp."<BR> Mailer.FromAddress = ""<BR> Mailer.Subject = "Your Widget Order"<BR> Mailer.BodyText = "Your order was processed."<BR> Mailer.RemoteHost = ""<BR>&#039 (your mail host IP or address)<BR><BR> Mailer.AddRecipient "John Smith", ""<BR><BR> if Mailer.SendMail then<BR> &#039 Message sent sucessfully<BR> response.write ("Your message was sent") <BR> else<BR> &#039 Message send failure<BR> response.write ("Your message was not sent. ")<BR> response.write ("The error was: " & Mailer.Response)<BR> end if<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Substitute your email address and mail server in the appropriate places. Save the file to your site, access it directly, and a message will display whether the email was sent. Check your email inbox to make sure you received the message.<BR><BR><BR>

Gary Van Sluis Guest

Default RE: help asap

response.buffer = true<BR>will solve the problem, put it second line of code, right after OptionExplicit<BR><BR>