Error Message!!

Thread: Error Message!!

Default Error Message!!

I have commented and uncommented all my asp code. I finally determined that this error message<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039;80004005&#039; <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time. <BR><BR>? <BR><BR>is being caused by my recordset.<BR><BR>objRS.Open "SELECT * FROM table_register WHERE datereg = &#039;" & datereg & "&#039; AND FirstName = &#039;" & _ <BR> first & "&#039; AND LastName = &#039;" & last & "&#039;", objDC, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic <BR><BR>My db is currently empty, and has no records in it. Is that why I am receiving this problem? datereg, first, and last are all variables I&#039;ve passed over from a previous form. Someone please help me out with this!!<BR>

Default RE: Error Message!!

thats a weird error message, but it might come from the fact that you are not using the correct delimiters. is the field datereg a date field? b/c you&#039;re treating it like a text field.<BR>if it is it should resemble this:<BR><BR>SELECT * FROM table_register WHERE datereg = #" & datereg & "# AND FirstName = &#039;" & _ <BR>first & "&#039; AND LastName = &#039;" & last & "&#039;"<BR><BR>justin