Don't understand... please help!

Thread: Don't understand... please help!

gsn Guest

Default Don't understand... please help!

I have this sql statement that causes an error message. Here they are:<BR><BR>[=====ERROR=====]<BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e14&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error in UPDATE statement. <BR><BR>/private/cp/contupdate.asp, line 41<BR>[=====END ERROR=====]<BR><BR>where line 41 =&#062; objConn.Execute strSQL<BR><BR>the following sql statement is written in one line:<BR><BR>[=====SQL STATEMENT=====]<BR><BR>strSQL = "UPDATE tblContent SET ContPage = &#039" & strPage & "&#039, Cont-Field = &#039" & strField & "&#039, Cont-Text = &#039" & strText & "&#039, Cont-Status = &#039" & strStatus & "&#039 WHERE ContentID = " & strID<BR><BR>[=====END SQL STATEMENT=====]<BR><BR>the very same sql statement works in a different page calling a different table in the same .mdb file, using the same DSN. Any takers...?

Neil Popham Guest

Default RE: Don't understand... please help!

may be worth Response.Writing the &#039compiled&#039 SQL statement - and posting that if necessary along with some surrounding code - if you say this statement works fine elsewhere then my thoughts lead me to (1) paramaters are &#039incorrect&#039 (2) some other area of the code is somehow adapting this statement to make it unuseable.<BR><BR>does one of the parameters include apostrophes or quotes?