Pop Up Download Dialogue box (x2!)

Thread: Pop Up Download Dialogue box (x2!)

Default Pop Up Download Dialogue box (x2!)

I have page which forces a download of a specific file, I have got it working but if I want to OPEN the file rather than SAVE it I get TWO dialogue boxes, and that&#039;s annoying.<BR><BR>Is there anyway to do this so that when the user opens the document they only ever get the ONE prompt (open or save?)<BR><BR>This is the code I am using (the file details have been pulled out of a command object / db)<BR><BR>with response<BR> .Expires=0<BR> .Expires=-1<BR> .ExpiresAbsolute = #1/1/1980#<BR> .AddHeader "Pragma", "no-cache"<BR> .ContentType = objCommand.parameters("@mimetype")<BR> .AddHeader "content-disposition","attachment; filename=" & objCommand.parameters("@filename")<BR>end with<BR><BR>Dim oStream <BR>set oStream = server.createobject("ADODB.Stream")<BR>oStream.Ope n<BR>oStream.Type = adTypeBinary <BR>oStream.LoadFromFile application("blahdocfolderblah") & request.querystring("blahdocumentidblah")<BR>respo nse.binarywrite oStream.read<BR>set oStream=nothing<BR>response.End

Default RE: Pop Up Download Dialogue box (x2!)

two dialogs? as in one that asks if you want to save, the next asking where you want to save it to?