Here is my problem. <BR><BR>I am trying to write a generic webservice to encapsulate all my needed functionality for an Access database. <BR><BR>I have written a fxn called db_GetData<BR><BR>Here it is below<BR> &#060;WebMethod()&#062; Public Function db_GetData(ByVal SQL As String) As OleDbDataReader<BR><BR> &#039; If No SQL String was passed then return nothing<BR> If SQL = "" Then<BR> Return Nothing<BR> End If<BR><BR> Try<BR><BR> Dim myDataReader As OleDbDataReader<BR><BR> &#039; Create a command object<BR> Dim obj_Command As OleDbCommand<BR><BR> &#039; Set the command text with the connection<BR> obj_Command = New OleDbCommand(SQL, Connection())<BR><BR> &#039;Dim obj_Reader As OleDbDataReader<BR><BR> &#039; Execute the command<BR> myDataReader = obj_Command.ExecuteReader()<BR><BR> &#039; Return the result<BR> Return myDataReader<BR><BR> Catch ex As OleDbException<BR><BR> Return Nothing<BR> End Try<BR><BR> Return Nothing<BR><BR> End Function<BR><BR>Pretty simple.<BR><BR>But, when I go to test it out, using build and browse on the ASMX file, I get this error<BR><BR>Server Error in &#039;/moc&#039; Application.<BR>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR><BR>System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader cannot be serialized because it does not have a default public constructor. <BR>Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. <BR><BR>Exception Details: System.Exception: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbDataReader cannot be serialized because it does not have a default public constructor.<BR><BR>Source Error: <BR><BR>An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identifed using the exception stack trace below. <BR><BR>Any ideas as to what the problem can be? Obviously it has a serious problem with me trying to return a datareader. I have seen numberous examples returning datasets, but I want this to be a little more efficient that that.<BR><BR>Any help would be appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Andy Robinson