Database Objects Persistance problem

Thread: Database Objects Persistance problem

Default Database Objects Persistance problem

I am using MS Access for my intranet project.<BR>For that i need to connect to the database and create 50 Connections to my COM Component and release the object by closing it. I am using a FOR Loop to achieve this.<BR><BR>The problem I face is that, the first fifty goes well. When i go to the next page ( ie. start creating 50 obj. again and release it), the ASP page gets stuck in the middle.<BR>Only a part of the page is executed, say around 10 or less. I have to restart the Server to start over again.<BR><BR>Where am i erring.<BR>The code executes very well and i think there is no problem with the COM component as well. Is it due to the caching problem?<BR><BR>

Default WHY would you need...

...50 Connections!???!<BR><BR>Normally, you only need ONE connection per DATABASE. You can reuse that same connection for as many tables and recordsets and queries and what have you as you want.<BR><BR>Anyway, if you have connection pooling enabled, then certainly the connections don&#039;t close down instantly. <BR><BR>But offhand, I&#039;d say you need to rethink what you are doing!<BR><BR>