Example of OCX Control

Thread: Example of OCX Control

Ryan S Guest

Default Example of OCX Control

Does anyone have any example code of how to pull values out of an OCX that is on an ASP page and into the page so that it can be passed to the next page?

Gary Van Sluis Guest

Default RE: Example of OCX Control

Could you please be a bit more specif as to what ocx you are using? If it is a custom written one then I would suggest using propertybag to store what you need and pass it along in something like a querystring. If it a third party or Microsoft one then please post which control you are trying to use.<BR>Sorry I could not be of more help but I would have to know the control and the propertys that you are looking to get to pass. <BR>BREIF thought - please include if this is for an intra or internet site, the reason I ask is if you are using a MS control you are limiting you site to IE and if you do this then using Vbscript as client (not a prob since, is for IE only) then it should not be a problem at all to get the control property into a HTML element or variable to pass to the next page.

Gary Van Sluis Guest

Default RE: Example of OCX Control

Here is an example of what I am talking about as to vbscript, lets say we are using the calander control. I would use something like this ( a text box to hold the value of the control )<BR><BR>FormName.txtDinnerDate.Value=FormName.cal endarobjectname.value<BR><BR>This would transfer controls value to the text box which could be passed. Unfortuiatly each control is different that is why I asked if you could post the control you want to use. <BR><BR>Gary