Accessing Outlook Calendar folders

Thread: Accessing Outlook Calendar folders

Cable Guest

Default Accessing Outlook Calendar folders

I am looking to create an ASP application that will access an Outlook Calendar/Appointment Folder to check for scheduling and allow others to view this information in the Calendar. <BR><BR>I have looked at CDO, and apparently all that stuff you got to do just to access a folder appears to be a bit much to program. Is there any way easier to access the folder than CDO? Or is CDO the only way? Just reading that rendering stuff has made my head spin. I do not want to render HTML tables, I just want to read and write from a Calendar/Appointment folder. How can I do this without getting totally confused?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Gary Van Sluis Guest

Default RE: Accessing Outlook Calendar folders

Have you tried something like<BR>Set objectname = Server.CreateObject("outlook.application")<BR>to expose outlooks object. <BR> *GRIN* just recently I unencryped Links1 virus (Exactly like Melissa Virus for those of you who know what that did) but this author had some pretty good uses of outlook.application...but back to topic once you create a instance of outlook you have access to its methods and you should have no problem getting what you want from there.<BR><BR>Hope that helps<BR>Gary

Cable Guest

I tried that, but it fails on the createobject. This is really fustraiting!

Gary Van Sluis Guest

Then I would suggest writing a small COM component and do a createobject (outlook.application) there. I would then call that COM from a page and see how that works.