Text Box Size

Thread: Text Box Size

Default Text Box Size

Hi, <BR><BR>Does anyone know how i can ensure that a textbox is displayed exactly the same size in both IE and Netscape?<BR><BR>At the moment i am displaying a textbox as <BR><BR>&#060;input type="text" name=Planned_Time77 style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #525252; FONT-FAMILY: verdana, helvetica, arial; FONT-SIZE: 10px; WIDTH: 100px"&#062;<BR><BR>1. In Netscape the textbox is stretched thus increasin the size of my table.<BR><BR>2. The background feature not supported in NN ?<BR><BR>Thanks<BR>

Default RE: Text Box Size

nutscrape (as i joyfully call it) does not support css in later versions : / you will need to add an attribute into your html<BR>WIDTH="100" to help alleviate this, but there will be no background color... another reason why we should use IE

Default RE: Text Box Size - Browser Detect

Only way I&#039;ve found to deal with this problem in my pages is to browser detect and use a variable for my width attributes. Run netscape 4.77, NS 6.0, and IE and tweak the values as necessary to make the widths similar depending on browser. As I remember macintosh versions of the browsers behave in a different way from PC versions so you may need to detect mac browsers and tweak for them as well. That&#039;s the only way around the width issues you&#039;re probably seeing. For the color issue I don&#039;t believe there is a solution. In NS 4.77 it&#039;s just not supported. <BR><BR>