This is annoying:<BR><BR>I have a page which tracks the mouse position and activity - it&#039;s used for dragging and dropping.<BR><BR>There is a function that looks something akin to:<BR><BR>function cursEl() {<BR>if(event.srcElement.type != &#039;button&#039;)<BR> {<BR> if ("Drag") != -1)<BR> {<BR> = "move"<BR> }<BR> }<BR>}<BR><BR>The problem is that I have two DISABLED buttons on the page. When the mouse clicks on one of them, the script fails: OBJECT EXPECTED, and it&#039;s the fact that they are disabled that causes this error. If I enable them, everything works nicely.<BR><BR>Hence the line of code that tries to ignore the script if we&#039;ve just clicked on a button.<BR><BR>Trouble is, whenever I try to access a property of a disabled button, it fails: OBJECT EXPECTED.<BR><BR>So, how can I check to see if I&#039;m over a DISABLED object without causing an error?<BR><BR>I&#039;m considering a custom error handling routine ... but I really didn&#039;t want to go to such crude methods.