Adding deleting items from two list boxes simultaneously.??

Thread: Adding deleting items from two list boxes simultaneously.??

S.S.Gautam Guest

Default Adding deleting items from two list boxes simultaneously.??

&nbsp;<BR>I want to build two list boxes and four transfer buttons(>,>>,&#060;,&#060;&#060; i.e. for transferring item(s) from <BR>one list box to another).<BR><BR>When I click any of the transfer buttons then item(s) selected should be added from one box and <BR>deleted from another.<BR>How to do this?????<BR><BR>I hope you got my point.<BR>Reply ASAP.<BR>

Joseph Hatcher Guest

Default RE: Adding deleting items from two list boxes simultaneously.??

Just kind of brain storming here. Not sure if this theory will work but it is one solution to try.<BR><BR>Have a hidden form of type textbox. When a person clicks on the <BR>">" button you would add something into the textfield like <BR>"removebox1"&document.form.selected<BR>Then submit it to the exact same page your are on.<BR><BR>The page will then in essence reload. When it loads it will read this request and rebuild what is in the boxes. So some key then the value<BR><BR>If you were to implement<BR>"&#060;" something like "removebox2"&docuemnt.form.selected<BR><BR>and if you were to use<BR>">>".<BR><BR>You can put whatever in this box and when you recieve it you can interpret it how ever you like.<BR><BR>Just a suggestion. Not sure if it will work<BR>Hope this helps