Hello and thanks for your time. I&#039m not stupid as I know to ask for help but boy do I feel it. I realize you&#039re busy so here&#039s the scoop.<BR><BR>Mission: Online quiz taker puts in password ONCE and gets in to take the test (test.asp) This password is then impossible to use later. It&#039s to be invalid after first attempt.<BR><BR>Attempt: MS Access database with two fields:<BR><BR>Table Name: passwords<BR><BR>Two Field Name:<BR>Password: Display as text (with the passwords)<BR>HasTaken: Display as "yes/no" <BR><BR>Problem. My script (below) is SUPPOSED to say, ok, a password is valid, first time, you go in. And if it&#039s invalid, you go nowhere. If it sees the password is used already, you go to an &#039invalid.asp&#039 page, for example. Keep in mind, the user KNOWS the password for the first time. So, where in the code did I go wrong?!<BR><BR>CODE(From top to page, I cut out the form to save time)<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>response.buffer=true<BR>%& #062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039 This page will check the database for the<BR>&#039 correct password and see if that password<BR>&#039 has already been used.<BR>Dim db<BR>Dim rst<BR>Dim result<BR>Dim pwd<BR>pwd = Request.Form("Password")<BR>&#039 If the form hasn&#039t been submitted then bypass this<BR>If pwd &#060;&#062; "" Then<BR>&#039 Connect to the database<BR>&#039 Connect to the database<BR>Set Myconn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>conStri ng = "DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("passwords.mdb")<BR>Myconn.Open "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; " & conString<BR>&#039 Create a recordset object and load all of the records from the database.<BR>Set rst = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>rst.open "Select * From passwords", Myconn<BR>rst.MoveFirst<BR>&#039 Search for the password<BR>Do While NOT rst.EOF<BR>If rst("Password") = pwd Then<BR><BR>&#039 See if that password has been used before<BR>If rst("HasTaken") = False Then<BR><BR>&#039 Store for use on other pages<BR>Session("User") = pwd<BR><BR>&#039 Set the database field to show they have taken the test.<BR>rst("HasTaken") = True<BR>rst.Update<BR><BR>&#039 Send them to the quizResponse.Redirect "test.asp"<BR>Else<BR>&#039 The password has been used before.<BR>result = "TAKEN"<BR>End If<BR>End If<BR>rst.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR>rst.close<BR>Myconn. close<BR>Set rst = Nothing<BR>Set Myconn = Nothing<BR>End If<BR>%&#062;