A connection clean-up question

Thread: A connection clean-up question

Default A connection clean-up question

First - thanks to Neil for the response he gave regarding parameterized queries. (It&#039s actually working to improve 5 queries for me, so *much* thanks from all parties concerned.)<BR><BR>Now, to the question: His advice included using this line:<BR><BR> objCommand.ActiveConnection=strConnect &#039 connection string (DSN=MyDSN etc)<BR><BR>which leaves me with a question of how to clean up. Since I&#039m used to creating connections explicitly --<BR><BR> objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>I&# 039ve always done objConn.Close and Set objConn=Nothing. <BR><BR>How do I close up when using <BR>objCommand.ActiveConnection=strConnect <BR>?<BR><BR>TIA,<BR><BR>Dawn

Neil Popham Guest

Default RE: A connection clean-up question

Thanks Dawn. Glad to be of service &#060;curtsies&#062;<BR><BR>If you are opening a connection using:<BR><BR>&#062; objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>the n use:<BR><BR>&#062; objCommand.ActiveConnection=objConn<BR><BR>then clean up as usual<BR><BR>&#062; objConn.Close<BR>&#062; SetobjConn = Nothing

Default Thanks!

I found it after doing a search on 4guys&#039 articles. But thanks for confirming it.<BR><BR>Have a great one, and even if I do have more work now, I still appreciate it!